Thursday, April 23, 2009

Curry Langostine Last Winter


Curry Langostine, originally uploaded by deanv41.

The curry langostine i made back in January sticks with me. The season and seasoning has changed, but the elements remain -- texture, color, flavor, presentation all in harmony. A home meal must also have a certain ease to it, whether by baking in an oven for some forgotten time or quickly made on the stove.
My rice cooker and egg timer are the tools i use nearly every day. Without a timer, I'd loose track of time and burn it, whatever it is. The rice cooker seemed like a luxury when i bought about two years ago. Now, it is the center of most meals, unless I'm having pasta or a casserole. I paid a bit more for the Sanyo model i use, but it looks great and makes perfect rice and assorted one pot dishes.

No comments: