Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All You Knead


All You Knead, originally uploaded by deanv41.

I first visited San Francisco in the late Summer of 1989, but only for a very short stay. It made a primal impression. I consider it my baptism, but that is for another post.
When I arrived, properly, to live in The City it was February 1992. My friend Robin from Montana met me at the Transbay Terminal downtown. I was very hungry, so we headed for her neighborhood, Cole Valley & The Haight Ashbury.
We ate at All You Knead on Haight Street.
I was there again just yesterday. It still cranks out solid hippie cafe fare. I'll always have a soft spot for it and the food is pretty good. The decor hasn't changed since 1975.

1 comment:

sfmike said...

I used to eat there in the late 1970s when I lived in the neighborhood, and was happily surprised to see that it still existed the other day.