Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arial view of Puerto Vallarta from late 1950s

Whenever I arrive in Puerto Vallarta, my routine is to cross the pedestrian bridge over the highway and eat at Takon de Marlin. It is often the tastiest Mexican meal I have during my holidays there. So many other styles of cuisine vie for attention, that Mexican is often not top of the list. That isn't to say the city doesn't have outstanding Mexican fare, both high and low, but there is something about the meal I have at Takon de Marlin that I is simple and fabulous. So much so, that I ask that the taxi driver drop me off there on my way out of town. Once, I was so pacified by my last bites there that I missed my flight. It all worked out in the end, as it does.
This foto is one from the walls of the restaurant that are filled with vintage snapshots of life in Puerto Vallarta in the 1940s and 50s. The city is young in a sense, but has an old soul.

No comments: