Sunday, September 5, 2010

On Land Festival


On Land Roster, originally uploaded by deanv41.

I stumbled on a wonderful new music festival last night at Cafe du Nord called On Land. It features Chill Wave, Kosmische, Electronic, Psych sounds that are far from rock, nostalgic for the Space Age but very forward thinking. I caught three acts (for $10!) and left by 11pm, but will be there again tonight. The best performance for me was by Le Révélateur from Montreal: blissed-out sound (a bit Boards of Canada) with elemental video visions courtesy of video-artist Sabrina Ratté. I found myself in space, ladies & gentlemen, floating. I appreciate sounds that move beyond the tropes of the 20th century. It is time.


Le Révélateur, l'humain
filmworksbar no sound

Le Révélateur performs at On Land Festival SF

No comments: