Friday, October 1, 2010

Hot Freaks are Guided by Voices


Guided by Voices, originally uploaded by deanv41.

I used to see a lot more live music than i do now. In the process, i'd get tired of just standing and staring at a band, so i started sketching them as they performed.
This is my sketch of the classic line-up of Guided by Voices in concert at The Great American Music Hall in the Spring of 1996.
I heard the band re-united and is currently on the road with this very line-up, playing The Warfield in San Francisco on Tuesday, October 5th. So many fantastic songs from not so long ago again.

(Click-through title of this post for tour dates).

2 comments:

leslie said...

give praise to the lord of overstock. great flippin' sketch!x

DbV said...

I sing a lot of their tunes to myself - really stick in the brain.
I learned to play "The Gold Heart Mountaintop Queen Directory" on guitar a few years ago. It's got a shockingly lovely verse:

"Cold hands touching my face
Don't hide the snakes can see you
Old friends you might not remember
fading away from you..."

I'm also reminded to sketch at shows again.