Monday, December 27, 2010

Generations: 1907, 1936, 1973, 2011

In honor of my family, i present the oldest known photograph of my mother, Donna Jean, taken in 1936. Her father was Webster Becker.

The second photo is from July of 1973, when my Grandmother, Lillian Winifred, came to visit us in Anchorage, Alaska, for my sister Denise's graduation & subsequent marriage. Seated on the left is Lillian. She was born in 1907, in Denton, Montana, into the Garrison family, right around the time the Wright Brothers were testing their airplane at Kitty Hawk. Above us all in mortar board is Denise Baker. I am in the center -- Dean Brian. In Brownie uniform is my sister, Debra Jean. Looking over her shoulder is brother, William Webster.

I shot this montage in my home in San Francisco sometime in the near future.

No comments: