Tuesday, December 14, 2010

one too many too many


one too many too many, originally uploaded by deanv41.

Tis the season...to overindulge. Here's a shot I took at Spec's in North Beach last weekend that pretty much sums up my feelings about the booziness of the Holiday Season. It is dark. It is full of consumer-driven pressure. It is small bits of family hell as well as goodness. It is also a time folks are likely to tie one too many on. I'm really watching myself, though, not as any sort of resolution, but rather to keep the "icks" away -- that next day feeling of awfulness, regret, and insidious knowledge that you may have said something horrible to someone...and just where is my other shoe?
So, Season's Best, but remember that after that 3rd beer, judgement flies away with Rudolph.

No comments: