Saturday, May 14, 2011

Aradi Utca Dreaming


Reflection on Aradi Utca, originally uploaded by deanv41.

I had the most intense and involving dream last night about Budapest. The details and intensity of this mirage in my mind are so complete. As in dreams, the incongruent sat comfortably with the facts of the place. I was told to be very cautious of the rattlesnakes that are everywhere in Budapest (in dreams). The person mentioned that nine expats had been bitten the week before. I had to learn the way to avoid or defeat them like a local before going out into the city. Along the way i managed to lose everything i had been carrying with me, like a drunken night out, but never got bit.

Dreams are a looking glass; a camera obscura that both sharpens the view and turns it upside-down.

No comments: