Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You're My Only Home

Power of Nine by deanv41
Power of Nine, a photo by deanv41 on Flickr.

I've been concentrating on the idea of The Bay Area -- The Power of Nine, as I like to think of it. I had to sit down and draw it just to get a real handle on the shape of this great place, all nine counties; an incredible nation unto itself. Within its boundaries are three major cities, rich farmlands, iconic mountains, coastal bounty and good anchorage, a teaming delta, the mouth of a vast watershed, a world-changing economic federation, and a wildly diverse people numbering over seven million. Three times that number come to visit, to see it, to be a part of The San Francisco Bay Area if even for a short time.

Even the quality of light is unmatched, bouncing brilliantly off the endless Pacific, The Bay, and Tule fog.

I am proud to call this powerful union øƒ water & land my only home.

No comments: