Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waterfront Bar : Pier 7

Happy Hour bar menus are a stealthy way to eat at otherwise pricey restaurants around town. Late afternoon last Monday, I wandered past The Waterfront Restaurant at Broadway on The Embarcadero. I was hungry, but figured the prices here were a bit steep for my pocket book, geared as this stretch of the bay side is toward tourists and the more monied residents of Telegraph Hill. As it turns out, if you sit at the long wooden bar, the Waterfront Cafe offers a tidy & affordable bar menu. I had really delicious baked oysters, a small pizza and a beer for about $20. The vibe was relaxed, as the afterwork and evening crowds had yet to descend. The views of ships crisscrossing the bay looked both industrious as a World Port should, and meditative while I watched towers of cargo glide silently past us, guided by tug boats under the bridge. I can't vouch for the full dinner menu here, but for Happy Hour, it's hard to beat such an affordable late afternoon on the waterfront.

No comments: